I have seen around a bunch of writer's posting their personal playlist they use to get in the zone. Let's face it, music is intertwined and overlapped with everything in today's society. But that's okay. Music is a work on it's own. Here is a list of MY top 20 songs I listen to when I am writing.
1. 18 - One Direction
2. Skinny Love - Birdy
3. Weightless - All Time Low
4. Wanted - Hunter Hayes
5. Temporary Bliss - The Cab
6. Unbelievers - Vampire Weekend
7. Somebody To You - The Vamps/ Demi
8. Beside You - 5 Seconds Of Summer
9. Another Me - The Cab
10. Hear You Me - Jimmy Eat World
11. Try - Colbie Caillat
12. Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
13. Style - Taylor Swift
14. First Date - Blink 182
15. Sugar, We're Goin' Down - Fall Out Boy
16. I Write Sins Not Tragedies - Panic! At The Disco
17. I See Fire - Ed Sheeran
18. Adam's Song - Blink 182
19. Heartache On A Big Screen - 5 Seconds Of Summer
20. 21 Guns - Green Day
I encourage you to make a playlist of your own. Sometimes, when the little voices in your head stop feeding you new ideas, music is the very thing that could pull you out of the slump and put the words back into your mind.
Music is it's own superpower.